Sr. Designer, Design Lead
You are a champion for user centered design, and you deliver the goods. You lead design activities that forge shared understanding between development teams and stakeholders. You embrace an iterative design process, creating increments of value and validating them with users and stakeholders. You crave collaboration with other designers and never work on something for more than a day without getting critique. You love working with users and development teams to actually bring concepts to life in the real world.
- Lead user centered design efforts on multiple projects for multiple clients
- Design interfaces and experiences that follow patterns and innovate as appropriate
- Create design artifacts ranging from conceptual sketches to high fidelity prototypes
- Cultivate and elevate the role of design on all your projects
- Capture user stories in a way that is “shared by all”
- Wireframe interfaces and interactions and test them
- Create clickable prototypes and validate solutions
- Conduct user testing formally and informally depending on the needs of the project, producing clear recommendations
- Define and delegate, if appropriate, design tasks to team members
- Leads effectively without assistance, bringing clarity to complex projects with vague or seemingly contradictory requirements
- Well-organized and able to work on simultaneous projects
- Proven ability to extract and write user stories, create and validate wireframes, and craft high fidelity design concepts.
- Understands web and mobile interface patterns and how and why they’ve evolved over the last several years.
- Seeks opportunities to give and receive peer review on a daily basis
- Adept with current design tools but not married to a particular toolset. Open to new tools if they improve workflow.
- Excellent communication skills
- 5+ years design experience
- 2+ years working in a design role along with development teams delivering open source web and/or mobile applications
- 1+ years of proven experience leading user experience and user interface design on software development projects.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates an end-to-end design process including both low fidelity and high fidelity design artifacts
Location: Prefer local to Holly Springs, NC area. Remote candidates must demonstrate a high level of remote collaboration and communication skills.
Apply: Send your application to [email protected]